Listen to the recording of our conversation with expert career coach, Akiba Smith-Francis, for essential advice on choosing a career path and laying the foundations for long-term fulfillment and success at work.
00:02:27 – Akiba’s journey from brand management to career coaching.
00:04:34 – The anatomy of bad advice (and some good advice to counter it).
00:16:53 – Tips for finding meaningful and enjoyable work.
00:22:57 – I want to follow my passion… but it has no market value. What should I do?
00:25:45 – How to get off the treadmill – even if you’ve been running since pre-school.
00:30:49 – Good networking: what it is and how to do it.
00:36:02 – Are all graduate school leadership development programs created equal?
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• The Consortium: Diversifying B-School and Corporate Management
• Forte Helps Women in Business Thrive: Interview with Elissa Sangster
• Interview with Anna Runyan of Classy Career Girl
• Goal Setting, Job Searching, and Sweet Careers
• From Luxury Marketing to Entrepreneurship: A Talk with Daria Burke
• Non-Academic Careers for PhDs: A Talk with Dr. Paula Chambers
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk: