A few items of interest:
- A degree for "suits and creatives." NYU’s Stern School of Business and Kanbar Institute of Film and Television at the Tisch School of the Arts will offer a joint MFA/MBA degree that students will be able to complete in three years. Students enrolling at NYU in Fall 2007 will be eligible to apply for the joint program, as will Fall 2008 applicants. The key paragraph in the press release:
- Yale SOM’s Admissions Office provides great tips to 2008 applicants in this month’s "From the Admissions Office." The advice should be familiar to readers of this blog, but it bears repeating, in summary form:
- "Think about why you want to pursue an MBA – During the admissions process we are looking for candidates with clearly defined goals and reasons for getting an MBA. Start by talking to people in fields that are of interest to you so your essays will be cohesive and clear.
- "Consider options for recommenders – When choosing a recommender, think of people who have worked with you in a professional capacity and can comment on your work. You’ll want to ask two people who know you very well and can talk about what you’ll bring to the Yale SOM community.
- "Plan a visit to campus.
- "Explore the Yale SOM website and make connections through our new web tools."
- Businesweek Online is hosting Harvard’s Director of Admissions Deirdre Leopold on Thursday May 29 at 1:00 PM EDT in a live chat. If you plan to apply to HBS, you will soon have one more source of valuable information. Harvard also announced that it will re-launch its web site in July.
Last updated on