A few admissions news items from this week:
- Duke’s Fuqua School of Business will offer a master’s program aimed at recent graduates with little or no work experience starting in August 2009. The program will provide a Masters in Management Studies (“MMS”) and consist of 12 business courses taught over four six-week terms or nine months. Participants can have a bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree, but little or no formal business education. It is in direct competition with London Business School’s Masters in Management program.
- Natalie Grinblatt Epstein and I took questions from waitlisted applicants during a lively MBA waitlist chat last week. The first topic : The ABC’s of Getting Accepted from the Waitlist. For the whole alphabet, see the transcript.
- Thank you. Thank you. We have crossed the 1000 vote threshold in Start-Up Nation’s Leading Moms in Business contest. You can still vote, and please do. The contest ends March 31, and I have no idea if we are among the winners.
- We will announce the judges for the Beautiful B-School Photo Contest next week. Whether you visited a school earlier, are attending an admit weekend in the next few weeks, or just got invited to interview, please submit your pics. You could win a $200 Amazon gift certificate.
- If you are on a law school waitlist, buy The Nine Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make on a Law School Waitlist and save 20% through March 31, 2009. That’s Tuesday.
- London Business School’s MBA/MiF chat transcript is now online.
- 2009 Cornell Johnson MBA Waitlist Chat transcript is now online.