Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
Med students and premeds, tune in! Join Linda Abraham and Kemi Tomobi of the Student National Medical Association in a great discussion about med school life. Listen to the full recording for insights and tips.
00:01:33 – Meet Kemi Tomobi: a very personal journey to medical school.
00:05:54 – A bit about the Student National Medical Association (SNMA).
00:10:30 – How involvement in an association enriches your undergrad and med school experience.
00:16:57 – An experience with AMSA – fighting slavery on Capital Hill.
00:18:26 – Tutoring, as well! Where do you find the time?
00:20:06 – Highlights of studying at University of Rochester: community service, neuroscience, and a trip to Ecuador.
00:22:39 – What does the future hold and why anesthesiology?
00:28:49 – Tip for med school applicants.
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk in iTunes so you don’t miss any segments! Stay in the admissions know. (And while you’re there, feel free to leave us a review.)
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
Check out these links!
Discussed in the show:
• Ace the AMCAS Essay
• Secondary Essays 101
• Student National Medical Organization
• Journal of the Student National Medical Organization
• Med School Admissions Conversation with Cydney Foote – All about the AMCAS application
• Med School Application Process: AMCAS, Secondaries, Interviews, Decisions & More!
• Admissions Straight Talk on iTunes
• Admissions Straight Talk on Stitcher