2007 has been a year of spectacular growth for Accepted. Let’s review:
- Accepted added three editors to the staff. Michelle Stockman and Robbie Walker have proven themselves to be excellent and popular editors. Judy Gruen rejoined the Accepted team. Her clients and I am delighted to have her back.
- Accepted continued its series of MBA and medical school chats. In addition to hosting valued, old friends, like Wharton, MIT, Columbia, London Business School, Haas, Michigan, USC, INSEAD, Tepper, Cornell, and the Consortium, we hosted new schools including Kellogg, Yale SOM, and Fuqua. We will be hosting additional new schools (Notre Dame and Emory) in January.
- We have started work on improvements and additions to the B-School Zones.
- We published two new ebooks this year:
- The Techie`s Guide to MBA Admissions
- MBA I.V.: Mainline to Top MBA Programs MBA Interview Questions and Tips
- We produced 5 new, free email courses.
- MBA Application Essays: Five Fatal Flaws to Avoid
- Grad School Statement of Purpose: Five Fatal Flaws to Avoid
- College Personal Statements: Five Fatal Flaws to Avoid
- Law School Personal Statement: Five Fatal Flaws to Avoid
- Med School Application Essays: Five Fatal Flaws to Avoid
- MBA Interview Prep Course.
- And we have others coming down the pike.
- We hosted our first MBA admissions teleseminars. They were extremely well-received. We plan to offer them again for MBAs applying in 2009 and expand them to pre-meds this year. Stay tuned.
- We added questions to the MBA Interview Feedback Database.
- I became president of the Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants (AIGAC), which opened its doors in May. We now have just over 40 members, a blog, a quarterly newsletter and a Google group. We have held our first elections, expanded our board, and will shortly begin planning our first event. It’s been exciting!
- We are hosting our second annual Beautiful B-School Photo Contest. Frankly, the response has been disappointing, but that means opportunity for all of you. Your chances of winning any of the 3 Amazon gift certificates (up to $200) are excellent at this moment.
- More initiatives are in the works for next year. Keep checking this blog.
It all adds up to Accepted’s best year ever! Thank you first and foremost to our clients and customers for your patronage. Thanks also to all the Acceptees, who use and participate at Accepted.com, making it one of the most valuable admissions sites on the web. Finally, last but not least, thank you to our outstanding staff of seasoned editors — skilled wordsmiths, published authors, and experienced admissions professionals — who help applicants achieve their dreams.
Last updated on