Enter Pitchbook, the ultimate resource for those looking for a future in PE/VC (and those looking for VCs to fund their futures).
Listen to the full recording of our conversation with Andy White, Senior Research Associate for Pitchbook for some great stats, info, and predictions that every PE/VC wannabe should know.
00:02:22 – PitchBook: Cat-and-mouse game or encyclopedia? (Or both?)
00:04:34 – “Top Universities Producing VC-backed Entrepreneurs.” Why this topic and why these schools.
00:07:54 – Several reasons that some schools just manage to produce more funding-receiving entrepreneurs.
00:19:11 – Another important factor for breaking into the VC industry: your pre-MBA work.
00:22:36 – Spreading the word about the world of VC & PE.
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk in iTunes so you don’t miss any segments! Stay in the admissions know.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• MBA in Sight: Focus on Finance
• Accepted Blog: Posts on Entrepreneurship
• PitchBook Blog
• “Harvard, 4 Other Schools, Make Up Most MBAs at PE & VC Firms”
• “Top Universities Producing VC-backed Entrepreneurs”
• “Could You Live Without Private Equity?”
• Business, Law and Beyond: An Interview with John Engelman
• Dr. Douglas Stayman Shares the Scoop on Cornell Tech NYC<
• From Luxury Marketing to Entrepreneurship: A Talk with Daria Burke
• Jeff Reid on Entrepreneurship
• Interview with Anne Perigo, UM Master in Entrepreneurship