The latest GMAC survey reveals that MBAs are starting again to steal the hearts of recruiters worldwide. Recruiting is up and expected to improve further according to GMAC. You should review the whole report, but in the meantime, here are a few highlights from the 2013 Corporate Recruiters Hiring Report.
• 75% of the 900+ companies surveyed worldwide plan to hire recent MBAs in 2013. This is up from 71% in 2012.
• Furthermore, companies plan on boosting the number of MBAs they hire in 2013, from 11.4 in 2012 to 14.6 in 2013 – a 28% increase.
• MBA graduates are starting their jobs with a higher salary this year than last year, up to $95, 000 in 2013 from a median salary of $90,000 in 2012.
• The Northeast region of the U.S. is home to the highest number of companies looking to hire fresh MBA or business masters graduates, at 92% of those surveyed.
• The South is expected to see the greatest increase in non-MBA masters hiring.
The industries experiencing the greatest increase in demand for MBAs are energy/utilities and health care/pharmaceuticals sectors – ironically, not the industries traditionally dreamed of by MBAs. See this helpful chart, and then the actual report, for more info.
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best