For the last few years, Harvard Law School has been conducting phone interviews as part of its admissions process. This year they’ve made some changes to this evaluative tool, including the following (from the HLS blog):
- Phone interviews will now take the format of Skype interviews. Reason: It’s easier to get to know someone through face-to-face interaction.
- Instead of 5-10 minute interviews, the Skype calls will last closer to 15 minutes.
- Moving forward, more students will participate in this interview process than in the past. (Though interviews are still by invitation only.)
- More interviews means more interviewers. The Director of Admissions, Karen Buttenbaum, will also conduct the interviews.
- What you wear matters! Don’t’ forget that with this new video format, you can’t just roll out of bed and SOUND professional. You’ll need to LOOK professional as well.
Want to make sure you make it to HLS’s interview list? Create the best application possible when you use Accepted’s law school editing and consulting services!
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best